Variegated Century Plant - Agave Americana - Outdoor Plant
Variegated Century Plant - Agave Americana - Outdoor Plant - 30-40 Cm / Nursery Plastic Pot is backordered and will ship as soon as it is back in stock.
Couldn't load pickup availability
Images are for reference purposes only. Actual product may vary in shape or appearance based on size, Age, Seasons, etc.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up for exclusive offers.
Get it by around -
Agave Americana – the Variegated Century plant is an excellent outdoor plant.
- Agave americana - Variegata century plants are long lasting evergreen perennial succulent, that are distinct by formation of rosette of twisted silvery-green foliage with bright yellow strips at its margins. This foliage grows upright forming a stiff rosette, armed with small brown sharp hooks at the tip of each leaf. They also produce flower stalk, which blossoms once in a lifetime. And these blossoms are of attractive colour in pale yellow. And once these flower stalk blossoms the mother plant dies. Native to Mexico, Agave Americana neutralize themselves in desert regions. And if treated in a right way these agaves could snout weevil. These Variegated century plants are also drought tolerant and easy to care, making them relevant for outdoor patio or gardening.
This Variegated Century plant consists of some medicinal values.
- They got Antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties in them, that led their usage externally as a medicinal herb to treat burns, bruises, wound-healing, minor cuts, injuries and skin irritation caused by insect bites. The infusion of juice extracted from their leaves along with egg whites, makes a poultice that could be used to lay on wounds for speed healing. And the infusion of their roots and leaves could be used to treat toothache. Traditionally they have been used internally to treat ulcers, tuberculosis, stomach inflammation, jaundice, fever, syphilis and even menstrual problems. And also, as an herbal remedy for intestinal gas, weak digestion, constipation, diarrhoea and dysentery.
Agave americana – the Variegated century plants are edible too.
- Many parts of these plants have been used in many culinary purposes, like from roasted hearts to sweet sap. Their nectar extracted from the roots could be used as a substitute to your daily sugar or honey intake.
They got their commercial purposes in various traditions.
- Fibres extracted from these agave plants have been known for manufacturing matting and coarse cloth, and some good quality ropes.
It’s not a Pet-friendly plant.
- Parts of this plant are highly toxic for pets, especially dogs and cats. They have toxic compounds such as calcium oxalate, which is hazardous for humans too, causing symptoms such as vomiting or dizziness. Therefore, these plants should be kept away from the reach of your children or pet.
Prompt Plant Delivery.
- Plants World is an exclusive plant shop among Dubai garden centres, that will get your plant delivery to your door steps with specific ceramic pots for plants. Agave americana – the Variegated century plants could also be presented as eco-friendly gifts or green giftings to any enthusiastic green thumb individuals.