Tree Jasmine - Millingtonia Hortensis -Outdoor Flowering Plant
Tree Jasmine - Millingtonia Hortensis -Outdoor Flowering Plant - 2.5-3 M / Nursery Plastic Pot is backordered and will ship as soon as it is back in stock.
Couldn't load pickup availability
Images are for reference purposes only. Actual product may vary in shape or appearance based on size, Age, Seasons, etc.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up for exclusive offers.
Get it by around -
Tree Jasmine (Millingtonia Hortensis) is a high valued outdoor flower Tree.
- Tree Jasmine (Millingtonia Hortensis, Indian cork tree) popularity lies in its ornamental values mainly, this due to its white fragrant flowers, foliage and tall columnar tree. These flowers are like tiny bell-shaped calyxes with four white petals and yellow stamens, they bloom at night and shed during the day. These sweet fragrant flowers will be short lived for at least 3 days. Native to India, Millingtonia Hortensis are quickly growing evergreen trees, which are even attractive to birds. This nature may add beauty to your ornamental arrangements. They are known as the Indian Cork Tree due to its nature, as an inferior cork is processed from its corky bark. These trees have some traditional values too, since ancient ages these trees were planted near Buddhist shrines.
Millingtonia Hortensis is an easy to care tree.
- Aka Indian cork tree, these trees could survive well in presence of full sunlight to partial shade sunlight. Water them moderately, that means abundantly throughout summer, but gradually decrease in the rainy or winter season. The soil on which these plants are supposed to be grown must be well-drained and fertile too. Ideal temperature for their healthy growth is 20 to 30 degree Celsius. In terms of feeding, use any organic fertilizer. It’s also Salinity tolerant and easily could be pruned.
Millingtonia Hortensis consists of medicinal values.
- Extract of their leaves has good antimicrobial and anti-asthmatic activities. The leaves of Millingtonia Hortensis are used as cholagogue, sinusitis, antipyretic and tonic in some folk medicines. Their stem is of great value to treat for lung tonic and cough disease.
Other uses of Millingtonia Hortensis.
- Flowers from Indian cork tree (Millingtonia Hortensis) are commonly used in temple rituals. And they are also added to tobacco for smoking as treatment for throat ailments. Wood from these trees are also used as timber and the bark is used as an inferior substitute for cork. Their leaves are also useful as a cheap substitute for tobacco in cigarettes. And also used as a yellow dye.
It’s a Pet-friendly tree.
- None of its parts are toxic. Therefore, there is no issue planting them nearby children or pets.
Prompt Product Delivery.
- Plants World is an exclusive plant shop among Dubai garden centres, that will get your plant delivery to your door steps with free plastic pots for plants. Indian cork trees (Millingtonia Hortensis) could also be presented as eco-friendly gifts or green giftings to any enthusiastic green thumb individuals.