Thyme - Thymus Vulgaris - Outdoor Plant
Thyme - Thymus Vulgaris - Outdoor Plant - 10-20 Cm / Nursery Plastic Pot is backordered and will ship as soon as it is back in stock.
Couldn't load pickup availability
Images are for reference purposes only. Actual product may vary in shape or appearance based on size, Age, Seasons, etc.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up for exclusive offers.
Get it by around -
Thyme plants (thymus vulgaris) are high valued ornamental plants for outdoor gardens.
- Thyme (Thymus Vulgaris) is an aromatic shrub, native to the Southern part of Europe. These shrubs are scientifically known as thymus vulgaris. They are possessed with woody stems covered with linear to ovate, small greyish green leaves. These shrubs also bloom with small pink or white flowers that grow on tips of the stem, especially during late spring to starting summer. And the nectar from these flowers is held mainly responsible for attracting bees and butterflies to your outdoor garden.
Thyme plants are highly valued for its culinary purposes too.
- These shrubs are widely known for producing aromatic leaves that are basically used for culinary purposes like usage of its dried or fresh form on sauces, meat and fish cuisines.
Medicinal values involve the Thyme plant.
- It can be traced since ancient times, that thymus vulgaris been used as infusion to treat diabetes, cold, cough and chest infections such as whooping cough, bronchitis, pharyngitis. Oil from its leaves could be used in a syrup form to deal with digestive upset or to treat worms in children. They have a tendency to soothe sore throat and induce saliva as it contains antibiotic and antifungal properties in them.
Thyme plants are easy to care.
- These plants will perform well when kept in presence of full sunlight. Water them moderately enough to keep their soil moist. The soil on which they are supposed to be planted must be well-drained and sandy loam. Ideally the temperature must be about 15 to 30 degree Celsius, to sight their healthy growth. And in terms of feeding, use any organic fertilizers.
It’s not a Pet-friendly plant.
- Although there is nothing toxic in them. They have effective medicinal values and one should take in a limited form. Overdose of such intake would cause headache or dizziness or even digestive system upset. Therefore, it’s not safe to keep them around your pets or children.
Prompt Plant Delivery.
- Plants World is an exclusive plant shop among Dubai garden centres, that will get your plant delivery to your door steps with free plastic pots for plants. Thyme plants could also be presented as eco-friendly gifts or green giftings to any enthusiastic green thumb individuals.