Sweet Basil - Ocimum Basilicum - Outdoor Plant
Sweet Basil - Ocimum Basilicum - Outdoor Plant - 10-20 Cm / Nursery Plastic Pot is backordered and will ship as soon as it is back in stock.
Couldn't load pickup availability
Images are for reference purposes only. Actual product may vary in shape or appearance based on size, Age, Seasons, etc.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up for exclusive offers.
Get it by around -
Sweet Basil (Ocimum basilicum) is a high valued herbal houseplant.
- Sweet Basil (Scientifically known as Ocimum basilicum) is an annual biennial herb, whose native originated in Asia and Africa. They grow up to a height of around 45- 60 cm, treasured with high aromatic elliptic green leaves and small white or pink-tinged flowers. Sweet Basil are easy to grow in a container or in a garden condition. They are also considered to be a distinctive flavour and are highly used in various culinary and traditional medicinal purposes.
It is edible and consists of special culinary purposes.
- Although they are of distinctive flavour, their consumption is mostly recommended to be used in fresh state. In cooking purposes, they are generally added only at the end stage, so that we may not lose its flavour. They taste a bit like a weak coumarin flavour.
Sweet Basil also got medicinal values too.
- Aka Ocimum basilicum, they are used in traditional medicines, while dealing with loss of appetite, kidney conditions, head colds, worm infections, intestinal gas issues, fluid retention and warts. They are also used in treating insect and snake bites. And they are also useful during pregnancy, by promoting blood circulation and to start the flow of breast milk.
Easy to care and require low maintenance.
- Sweet Basil (Ocimum basilicum) thrives in full sunlight and could survive in partial shade too. Water requirement is enough to keep soil moist. And the soil on which they are supposed to be planted must be moist and well-drained. To sight their healthy growth, ideally the temperature around them must be 18 to 28 degree Celsius. In terms of feeding, use any organic fertilizers.
It’s a Pet-friendly plant.
- None of its parts is toxic. In fact, it's beneficial if ingested, like it's good in eradicating ringworms, helps in digestion, etc. Therefore, it's of no worry to plant them nearby children and pets.
Prompt Plant Delivery.
- Plants World is an exclusive plant shop among Dubai garden centres, that will get your plant delivery to your door steps with free plastic pots for plants. Sweet Basil (Ocimum basilicum) could also be presented as eco-friendly gifts or green giftings to any enthusiastic green thumb individuals.