Spanish Moss - Tillandsia Usneoides - Plant
Spanish Moss - Tillandsia Usneoides - Plant - 50-60 Cm is backordered and will ship as soon as it is back in stock.
Couldn't load pickup availability
Images are for reference purposes only. Actual product may vary in shape or appearance based on size, Age, Seasons, etc.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up for exclusive offers.
Get it by around -
Spanish moss is a high valued Air plant.
- Spanish Moss- Tillandsia Usneoides is a long stringy type of air plant. These plants grow in clumps form, and could very easily hang them from any surface. It’s actually a flowering plant that is generally grown for creating a tropical feel to your surroundings. These species contain thin leaves that have varying colour ranges, from whitish-grey to green colour. Spanish Moss also produce very small flowers, which are of yellow-blue colour. And these flowers also have distinctive properties, that is these flowers will last long for only 4 days, and are of strong fragrance enough to attract pollinators. Spanish Moss is called with some other common names like Tree hair, Spanish beard or even silver ghost, these plants got their native origin to North, Central and South America. This is an epiphytic air plant, that meant it could be easily hanged or could be divided to any outdoor or indoor garden.
Spanish Moss is easy to care for.
- These Air plants thrive when kept in presence of indirect lighting, avoiding any direct sunlight. These plants also prefer regular watering. As they don’t require soil so pour water from their top. They don’t require any fertilizers either. Ideal temperature to ensure their healthy growth is 10 to 35 degree Celsius.
It contains some medicinal values.
- Spanish Moss can be used in many therapeutic uses, such as a dietary supplement or remedy for haemorrhoids, chills, fever and wound healing. They are also known for being used in liquid massage into sore joints and muscles.
Other uses involving Spanish Moss.
- They were harvested for stuffing material in furniture, automobile seats, mattresses and even insulation in homes, but most widely they are known for being used for floral arrangements and mulch.
It’s not a Pet-friendly plant.
- Spanish Moss contains chiggers that are harmful, which may cause a rash on the skin if it's been handled without any protective gloves. Therefore, it's not safe to keep them around your children or pets.
Prompt Product Delivery.
- Plants World is an exclusive plant shop among Dubai garden centres, that will get your plant delivery to your door steps with free plastic pots for plants. Spanish Moss could also be presented as eco-friendly gifts or green giftings to any enthusiastic green thumb individuals.