Portulaca Hanging - 20-30 Cm / Nursery Plastic Pot is backordered and will ship as soon as it is back in stock.
Couldn't load pickup availability
Images are for reference purposes only. Actual product may vary in shape or appearance based on size, Age, Seasons, etc.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up for exclusive offers.
Portulaca Oleracea are valuable ornamental plants.
- Portulaca Oleracea aka Purslane is a succulent plant that has originated from China and Indian but distributed all around Asia, Europe and South America. They possess bright green succulent leaflets which emerge alternatively in a clustered form at stem joints and ends. These stems are of reddish, smooth and mostly prostate. Portulaca Oleracea are also treasured with tiny yellow blossoms that contain 5 regular parts and are up to 6 mm wide. These flowers may bloom at any time during the year and especially during sunny mornings. They open singly at the center of the leaf cluster for only a few hours. Easy to care for and with these distinctive characteristics, Portulaca Oleracea are perfect to be cultivated as outdoor flowering plants.
It’s an easy to care plant.
- Portulaca Oleracea will thrive well in the presence of full sunlight. Water them enough to keep their soil moist, but not wet. The soil on which they are supposed to be planted must be well-drained. Ideal temperature to ensure their healthy growth must be above 27 degree Celsius. In terms of feeding use organic fertilizers.
Portulaca Oleracea is also used for culinary purposes.
- These plants possess bright green succulent leaflets which are odorless, taste pleasant. It tastes mild, lemony tart and slightly herby. These lemon flavor tastes are due to the presence of oxalic acid in them. These plants treasured with succulent stems or leaves and tiny yellow blossoms are very useful for culinary purposes. Could be even consumed raw mixed with European salads etc.
It's not a Pet-friendly Plant.
- Although they are edible for humans, they are poisonous for Cats and Dogs. It contains certain toxic oxalate that are poisonous to animals, and their ingestion may cause weakness, coma or even death. Therefore, it’s not safe to keep them nearby pets.
Prompt Product Delivery.
- Plants World is an exclusive plant shop among Dubai garden centres, that will get your plant delivery to your door steps with free plastic pots for plants. Portulaca Oleracea could also be presented as eco-friendly gifts or green giftings to any enthusiastic green thumb individuals.