Purple Hop - Dodonaea Viscosa - Outdoor Bushy Plant
Purple Hop - Dodonaea Viscosa - Outdoor Bushy Plant - 40-50 Cm / Nursery Plastic Pot is backordered and will ship as soon as it is back in stock.
Couldn't load pickup availability
Images are for reference purposes only. Actual product may vary in shape or appearance based on size, Age, Seasons, etc.
Purple Hop-Bush (Dodonaea viscosa) is a high valued ornamental plant.
- Purple hop bush, scientifically known as Dodonaea viscosa ‘Purpurea’ is an easy to grow evergreen shrub that has high ornamental values. Native to New Zealand, these shrubs are well suited for coastal regions but could be cultivated to any warm regions. That’s why they are widely found in regions of Australia, Americas, Asia and even Africa. Treasured with evergreen oval shape purple-coloured foliage, and clustered red-green Summer flowers. Due to easy care and attractive Summer blossom, they are perfect for outdoor gardening.
Purple Hop-Bush are easy to care and are quite tolerant towards salinity and drought.
- Also known as Dodonaea viscosa, these shrubs perform well when kept in presence of full sunlight. Water them enough to keep their soil moist, but not wet. The soil on which they are supposed to be planted must be well-drained. To sight their healthy growth, ideally the temperature around them must be above 27 degree Celsius. And in terms of feeding, use any organic fertilizers and apply them especially during summer.
In the fields of folk medicines around the world, they are highly valuable.
- Especially among native tribes, around Australia, they are considered highly valuable. Their stem decoction has been used to stimulate lactation in mothers, to cure digestive systems or to treat its disorders, to deal with dysentery treatment and skin problems. The infusions of their leaf or stem are also used to treat sore throats, fever. And its root infusions for treating colds. In certain traditions of Pacific regions, their stems have been used for treating rheumatism. While using them for personal medicinal use, kindly do get consultation from a professional first.
Purple Hop-Bush got their way into traditional uses too.
- Maori people from New Zealand, have been using their leaves as a plaster for wounds. And a certain type of red dye is made from its fruit. And their flowers are also used as incense for funerals. In some regions like in Australia its flowers are also used to make Beer for settlers.
It’s not a Pet-Friendly plant.
- Parts of these plants are poisonous for your pets, especially for dogs and cats. And the fruit that it bears are toxic for human beings, due to the presence of compounds named saponin in them. Therefore, its not safe to keep them around your pets or children.
Prompt Plant Delivery.
- Plants World is an exclusive plant shop among Dubai garden centres, that will get your plant delivery to your door steps with free plastic pots for plants. Purple Hop-Bush (Dodonaea viscosa) could also be presented as eco-friendly gifts or green giftings to any enthusiastic green thumb individuals.