Portulaca Grandiflora - Outdoor Flowering Plant
Portulaca Grandiflora - Outdoor Flowering Plant - Set Of " 5 " / Nursery Plastic Pot / Pink is backordered and will ship as soon as it is back in stock.
Couldn't load pickup availability
Images are for reference purposes only. Actual product may vary in shape or appearance based on size, Age, Seasons, etc.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up for exclusive offers.
Moss Rose is a high valued ornamental plant.
- Portulaca Grandiflora (Moss Rose) is an annual plant, that are very useful in forming a beautiful flora carpet covered with bright coloured flowers in a single or double or semi-double ruffled blossoms with paper petals and unique succulent foliage, which are green fleshy and needle-like leaves. Their leaves are borne along red stems in a form of clusters. Moss roses generally start to bloom from late spring to early winter. And are available in various colours, like violet, red, orange, pink, white, yellow or salmon. These plants could grow up to 7 -15 cm and spread by 25 -37 cm wide. Easy to care, and drought tolerance makes them further more attractive for hanging baskets, ground cover or outdoor gardening like preparation of border fronts.
Useful in culinary purposes.
- Leaves, root & seeds of Moss Rose, could be served as raw or even cooked. Seeds especially could be consumed in more various ways. They can be grounded into a powder and used in soups or even could be added to cereals.
Medicinal values related with Moss Rose.
- Moss Rose Aka Portulaca Grandiflora is a depurative plant. And such plants could be useful in treatment of cirrhosis of the liver with ascites, hepatitis, swelling and pain in the pharynx. The extract from their stems and leaves could be applied externally as a lotion to insect and snake bites, scalds, burns and eczema.
It’s an easy to care plant.
- Portulaca Grandiflora (Moss Rose) thrives well in the presence of full sunlight. Water them enough to keep their soil moist, not wet, especially during the young stage. Once the plant gets well established, it turns to be drought tolerant. The soil on which the plant is supposed to be placed must be well-drained. Ideal temperature for this plant is above 24 degree Celsius. And in terms of feeding, use organic fertilizers. Apply them at least twice a year.
It’s not Pet-friendly.
- These plants have some use in culinary purposes; therefore, they are edible in some way that could be consumed by us humans. But they are toxic to animals on other hand, especially for cat and dogs. Any kind of ingestion by dogs or cats may result in symptoms like diarrhoea, kidney failure, difficulty swallowing, muscle weakness, depression and tremors.
Prompt Plant Delivery.
- Plants World is an exclusive plant shop among Dubai garden centres, that will get your plant delivery to your door steps with free plastic pots for plants. Portulaca Grandiflora (Moss Rose) could also be presented as eco-friendly gifts or green giftings to any enthusiastic green thumb individuals.