Indian Almond - Terminalia Catappa - Outdoor Tree Plant
Indian Almond - Terminalia Catappa - Outdoor Tree Plant - 1-1.5 M / Nursery Plastic Pot is backordered and will ship as soon as it is back in stock.
Couldn't load pickup availability
Images are for reference purposes only. Actual product may vary in shape or appearance based on size, Age, Seasons, etc.
Indian Almond could be an ideal outdoor ornamental tree with some more benefits.
- Terminalia Catappa Aka Indian Almond is a perennial evergreen tree that grows upright forming a crown shape with branches arranged distinctively in tiers. And as the tree comes to ages the crown shape becomes flattened increasingly and eventually turns into a vase shape. Indian Almond trees have a tendency to grow up to the height of 35m, and they also have a distinctive leaf, which are quite big in size. These leaves are leathery thick with an ovoid shape and a glossy dark green colour. And before shedding its leaves in order to survive the dry season, these trees will retract their green pigmentation, leaving the leaves yellow-brown or pinkish-reddish. Adding to its appearance, they also contain flowers that are about 1 cm in diameter and quite inconspicuous. Therefore, these trees could be a deep shade and be the most favoured ornamental tree along parks and streets.
It bears fruits that come in many culinary uses.
- Just like many other fruits and berries, Indian Almond trees produce drupe fruits too. And these tree fruits are green at first, then yellow, and finally red when ripe. Inside the fruit, you could find a seed, which is edible when fully ripe. These seeds are termed as Almonds, and contain lots of fiber, magnesium, Vitamin E, protein and fats. They can be eaten whole or sliced over green salads or on deserts to add crunchy texture to them. Almonds are preferred mostly when paired with any sweet flavours.
Indian Almonds also consist of certain health benefits.
- Apart from nutritional values that you have with their culinary usage, these almonds could also help in lowering blood sugar levels, reducing blood pressure and even lowering cholesterol levels. They also have the ability to reduce hunger and help in promoting weight loss.Their leaves come in use for dressing of rheumatic joints and to treat asthma, coughs, travel nausea, leprosy, eye problems and to get rid of intestinal parasites.
Indian Almond Trees are easy to care.
- Performs well in presence of full sunlight. These trees require water enough to keep their soil moist, not wet. The soil on which they are supposed to be planted must be well-drained. Indian Almond trees got hardy up to 4 degree Celsius. In terms of feeding, use phosphorus containing fertilizers.
Prompt Plant Delivery.
- Plants World is an exclusive plant shop among Dubai garden centres, that will get your plant delivery to your door steps with free plastic pots for plants. Indian Almond Trees also are presented as eco-friendly gifts or green giftings to any enthusiastic green thumb individuals.