National Day Gift - Hedgehog Cactus
National Day Gift - Hedgehog Cactus is backordered and will ship as soon as it is back in stock.
Couldn't load pickup availability
Images are for reference purposes only. Actual product may vary in shape or appearance based on size, Age, Seasons, etc.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up for exclusive offers.
Get it by around -
Hedgehog Cactus is a perfect ornamental plant for outdoor dry-land.
- Scientifically known as Echinocereus engelmannii, Hedgehog Cactus are native to southwestern deserts of Northern Utah (U.S.) and Southern Colorado (U.S.). These are perennial cactus that are distinct by their appearance. Appeared with a cylindrical stem that occurs in small single clusters. Treasured with curved colourful spines that could be of red, yellow, white or Gray colour. A tubular flower also blooms, from spring to early summer on the top whose colour ranges from bright magenta to pale pink, followed by red fleshy fruits. Hedgehog Cactus are also drought tolerant and minimum maintenance is required. Due to its attractive Spiky resemblance with tropical blossom on top & with low maintenance nature, all makes them relevant for outdoor dry-land gardening.
Hedgehog Cactus are easy to care for and require low-maintenance.
- These cactus plants thrive in the presence of full natural sunlight. Water requirements are usually low. Apply water especially during summer. They are drought resistant too. The soil on which they are supposed to be grown must be fertile, sandy and well-drained. To ensure their healthy growth, ideally temperature must be around 10 to 15 degree Celsius. And in terms of feeding, use water-soluble fertilizers and feed them throughout the summer season.
Hedgehog Cactus consist of edible features too.
- These plants could bear a spherical to oval shaped fruit that is more or less around 2.5 cm long. They got some fleshy white pulp tinged by the reddish-orange skin colour. These fruits are also covered with deciduous spines that fall off when it reaches its mature state. They taste somewhat similar to strawberry and can be consumed directly by simply slicing it in half and scoop out the pulp and seeds to enjoy fresh raw.
It’s not a Pet-Friendly plant.
- Although there is nothing toxic or poisonous in them, it is covered with thorny spikes that could be hazardous to your pets or children. Therefore, they should be handled carefully with protective gloves especially during planting and must be kept away from the reach of children or pets.
Prompt Plant Delivery.
- Plants World is an exclusive plant shop among Dubai garden centres, that will get your plant delivery to your door steps with free plastic pots for plants. Hedgehog Cactus can also be presented as eco-friendly gifts or green giftings to any enthusiastic green thumb individuals.